Wednesday 12 June 2013

OEN

I don't really know where to start with OEN. I could write an essay, but for you and me I'll try and keep it to the point. In 2007 English designer Mark Robinson set up the blog as a platform to share everything that influenced and inspired him. Design, craftsmanship and photography are the main topics covered. There is a ridiculous amount of inspiring interviews and videos on the blog, so much so that I have Mark to thank for a large amount of my bookmarks. I also really enjoy his writing, it's very honest and his passion for the subjects he talks about really shows. 

In February last year Mark set up an online shop selling design focused products like beautiful homewares, such as ceramics made by hand by independent designers. You can also find art publications, accessories and clothing there. If you haven't already make sure you check out his website and gain fifty or more bookmarks.

I know this is lazy, but Mark sums up the sites philosophy better than I ever could:


Our aim is to create a space where purchasing and learning about items is under one roof. Sharing how products have been made, where the materials have come from and why each is worth investing in for the longer run. Good design and transparency go hand in hand, so we will do our upmost to provide an honest account of our products so you can decide for yourself if these items will enhance your lifestyle.
We trust in quality rather than trend because we believe that when design is honest and pure, items will last years rather than months ...





          









   

                  the189.com




No comments:

Post a Comment